Wednesday 7 September 2011

Preliminary: Shot list




This image above represents a shot list for my preliminary task. The shot list enables me to identify where the camera will be situated and at what angle. 
An example would be, shot 1 illustrates that when 'M' and 'K' are talking, the camera shot will be a mediums shot however, changes to a over the shoulder shot. Another example would be, when 'G' walks past, the camera pans. Therefore, by having a shot list, it makes videoing very easy and quick as I already know how each shot will be taken. 

In order to write our script and shot list it was necessary for me to understand some camera angles for example, low angle. Therefore, the teacher decided to give us examples of camera shots through T.V. programs and images. I found this very useful because once the activity had finished I could analyse exactly what camera shot it was. Moreover, one thing I learnt during that activity is; each shot establishes what the director wants us to see. (his perspective). 


To conclude, if I had to re-do this shot list again, one thing I would make sure I improve on is making the shots very clear, this will neglect any misunderstanding. Also, I am going to start reading more media terms; as a results, this will enable me to broaden my knowledge about camera angles and its significance. Furthermore, one aspect I strongly believe I did well in is achieving the criteria whereby I had to include: reverse shot and match on action. Having done this task, I can now identify the importance of having a shot list, for example, if I did not have a shot list for the preliminary task, I would be completely lost as to how each shot would be captured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment