Tuesday 11 October 2011

Research: Target audience opinion about plot

I decided to ask my target audience some questions to gain a understanding of what they think about my thriller movie that i will be creating and how i can improve. By conducting this questionnaire I can identify how to grab my audiences attention to watch my thriller movie and things I should consider when creating it.

Questionnaire : thriller opening/plot

1. What do you think about my plot?
2. What could I improve on?
3. What types of shots should I include?
4. Do you think the location is good?
5. Would you go and watch this movie?
6 What scenes should I include?
7. What do you like about this plot? Why?
8. What type of camera angles do you think I should defiantly include?
9. Do you think that the fact the dominant character is female?
10. What prompts and costumes do you think I should take into consideration?

To conclude, my feedback shows me, that my plot is very good, interesting, I should use close up shot which will engage the audience to feel more towards the character, the location is realistic therefor good, my target audience is willing to go to the cinema to watch my movie, my target audience like the fact that there is a lot of suspense and mystery along the plot and they'll keep having questions in their head for example "what happened in the characters past", therefore are very eager to know what happens next, the fact that the main character is female makes the audience feel more sympathy for her when something happens, and I should include prompts such as beds, and mirrors.


Moreover, I decided to ask a couple of question to our target audience about our story by telling them our story line. This enabled me too identify whereby my weak points stand, what my advantage is and where I can improve on.



As a result, I found that my story line was very interesting. The audience really liked listening to it, however, one thing I could improve on is prompts. After my interview was over, one of my audience came back to me and stated "you should use prompts such as books" .."and you should make the antagonist character wear dull costumes such as black". This enables me to see how I can get my target audience attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment