Saturday 24 December 2011

Construction: Storyboard changes

This is a picture of what my storyboard was for my thriller movie.


However, along the process whilst shooting these shots, the storyboard starting changing because some shots did not flow as expected. Moreover, the plot was kept the same; the female character wakes up in a room where she's confused. She see's pictures on the wall and picks one up. Then the picture in her hand falls and she sees a body on the floor. She matches the image with the body. Here are some examples, how my story board changed:

As you can see in our storyboard the first shot is meant to be a close up of a book, however, I decided the first shot would be black then suddenly have a medium - close up shot of the character body on the floor. The will creates more suspense for the audience, rather then the first shot being a book. Furthermore, another change that I made is the few last shot consist of people faces being zoomed into. At first I thought this idea was very good simple because it makes the audience curious as to who these people are however, later I realized by having so many faces the audience attention my be neglected therefore, I decided to end the opening with a close up of a persons eye. I also added effects; the eye makes the audience think that someone is watching them and in that way they are connected to the opening as it builds suspense. Furthermore, in our storyboard it does not represents the reverse shots in my thriller opening. I decided to do a couple of reverse shots, to signify the importance of the title, "Rewind". By having reverse shots, it makes the audience think there's something in the characters past, therefore, want to know what it is and the importance of each thing shown in the shot. Furthermore, another change I made was shot 17 shows a jump cut of the body from a long shot to a medium shot, however, I felt that by having a jump shot, distracts the audience attention by making them focus on the body, however. therefore what I did is make sure they see the body but the focus is more on the character. This makes the audience want to know who the mysterious person on the floor is and how the main character has a relationship with her. Never the less, Shot 15 and 16 shows a close shot to a long shot when the female is looking at the pictures on the wall. I felt that by having a medium shot then a close shot makes the audience see the importance of the image as they are more focused towards it and puts them in the characters perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment