Tuesday 15 November 2011

Plot - Ending

For our ending I did a bit of market research and got peoples opinions of what ending they preferred what be most suitable for our thriller movie. The options I considered are:

1)The antagonist helps the protagonist move on with her life
2)The  protagonist finds out that the helper is the antagonist and in order to get rid of him she has to go an ancient house and burn the body of the antagonist which is hidden in the basement. By doing this, it is an old tradition that the antagonist will disappear as he is a ghost. Moreover, along the way there are a range of obstacles and clues which lead her the ancient house and in the end she is successful.
3) The protagonist finds out the antagonist is the betrayer but falls in love with him therefore, cannot do anything but commits suicide. 
4)The protagonist finds out that the antagonist is the betrayer, and tries to get revenge but the antagonist kills her. 

Picture of my research in a tally chart; The image below tells me that my target audience would prefer the ending of the plot to be what is stated in number 2. I can use this information to make my movie according to what the audience wants as they will be the ones paying to watch my movie, therefore, it is very important to identify the audiences opinion and taking them into consideration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment